Friday, June 23, 2017

Barnes & Noble Membership Benefits

For all of my bibliophiles out there, you should seriously consider purchasing a Barnes & Noble membership card, especially if you frequently purchase books. For only $25 a year, you receive a ton of perks, which are listed below...



  1. Free shipping on online orders with no minimum order. This is YUGE! It takes the guilt out of online shopping for me because I can save money on gas and I still receive my books in a reasonable amount of time (1-3 business days). I recently bought three books for $13.88 from B&N and did not pay a lick for shipping! 
  2. In-store savings. This is also a huge thing for me. Books can be expensive! Especially hard-cover books. With the membership, I receive 40% off on hardcover bestsellers (hello Elin Hilderbrand), and any other books that I purchase, I receive 10% off of those. 
  3. Additional savings. Throughout the year, I will receive coupons to use in-store and online. These range from an additional 20% off one item, a percentage off of select items, and discounts on food from the cafe. 

It's easy to see that you receive a lot of benefit for only $25! This year alone, I've probably saved at least $50 by using my membership card! Quite recently, I discovered that they offer a kids club membership, in which you can save money on books as well. For every $100 spent on a kids book, you receive a $5 reward. I spend a lot of money on children's books throughout the year, so this works well for me. 

I'm not a huge fan of store membership programs but the B&N membership just makes sense for me and my family. We frequent the bookstore a lot and it saves us a lot of money. Does anybody else have a B&N membership? How is it working out for you? Are there any other membership programs that work well for you in saving money on books? Drop a comment below!

Until we read again...

No comments:

Post a Comment